Sunday, April 27, 2008

Preparing for the Move

It's been a busy weekend. We are moving next weekend, and have taken on the job of painting our new abode in the meantime. My husband has finished painting the living room. It looks great. I'm a little concerned about the short timeline for him to finish the rest of the house. It took about 2 full days of work to do the living room. He has 2 bedrooms & the hallway left to start & complete by Sunday. Though I am supportive of his efforts, it's really hard not to prod him forward. He has a tendency to get stuck on the little details - the touch-up work from one room instead of the primer for the next. I love this about him. I am concerned, however, that he won't have time to do the rest of the job. In fact, I can be honest here and say that I can't imagine how he's going to do it. I don't think it's possible. If he had people scheduled to help him each day this week, I think that it could work out. But since he has only one person lined up for 4pm tomorrow - and his Dad's scheduled to come over for dinner at about 6pm...

So, I am packing up the house to free his time up for him to do paying work and for him to eradicate the brown that currently pervades the walls of our new home. (Who would paint shady bedrooms dark brown?) This is a bit harder than it may seem on the surface. I am 33 weeks pregnant as of tomorrow. I could be giving birth in as little as 5 weeks. My belly is now an obstacle that I move around when bending over. And my energy level isn't what it once was. I can't lift boxes once they are packed, so I have to hop-scotch around the house leaving a parcel here-and-there as I go, until D is able to move them for me. I'm making progress, but it feels slow. I just paused a moment to count how many boxes I've packed today. SEVEN. Though I wish it were more, the truth is that I couldn't have done more.

Today I:
Woke up
Made breakfast
Called the moving company re: details of the move
Groomed myself
Walked to the grocery store
Bought supplies for deviled eggs, as well as a few necessities pre-move
Walked home - carrying above groceries
Cleaned the kitchen
Boiled eggs for deviled eggs
Left them to cool in an ice bath
Walked to the children's clothing store down the street to get a last minute addition to our baby shower gift
Walked home
Wrapped baby shower gift
Coiffed myself
Went to baby shower
Came home with about 20 boxes - the hosts of the shower just moved
Packed 7 boxes
Made dinner
Ate dinner
Cleaned the kitchen
Blogging

No comments: