Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Below is a TO DO list that I was inspired to write by a post on Cafe Mom inquiring what we have left to do before the baby comes. I was started Week 30 yesterday. Tristan could come in the next 2 to 2 1/2 months.

You wrote on Apr. 8, 2008 at 4:01 PM

I've got 10 weeks and I have a ton on my list too.

  • Make arrangements for maternity leave with my clients
  • Finalize the registry
  • Choose music to put on the shower favor music CD
  • Go to my shower
  • Buy whatever is left after the shower
  • Find a bigger apartment (we live in a 1 bedroom)
  • Pack
  • Move
  • Unpack
  • Nest
  • Buy car seat & install
  • Make a packing list for the hospital
  • Wash baby clothes/blankets (NOTE - an experienced mom told me not to wash everything you get. You might not use it all and if the tags are attached you can exchange the clothes for something you'll use.)
  • Pack for the hospital
  • Go to second "Preparing for Child Birth Class"
  • Go to Breast Feeding class
  • Read Nursing Mother's Companion
  • Go to "Caring for a Newborn" class
  • Do kick counts per doctor's request
  • Watch video - Happiest Baby on the Block
  • Watch video from my doula - What Babies Want
  • Second meeting with doula
  • Third meeting with doula
  • Get my hair done
  • Get a pedicure (I can't see my toes and I have ingrowns)
  • Do KEGELS
  • Send thank you cards for gifts from shower
  • Pre-order birth announcements
  • Address envelopes for birth announcements (they pre-send them with order)
  • Buy nursing bras
  • Buy menstrual pads
  • Go on pediatric department tour
  • Pre-register with the hospital
  • Make love with my husband
  • Sleep as much as possible
  • Increase life insurance policy for my husband and myself
  • Designate a guardian for baby in case something happens to us both
  • Socialize with my girlfriends one-on-one
  • Finish covering the dining room chairs (we've done 1 of 3)

No comments: