Monday, April 07, 2008

I wrote this the other day on my way into work.

4/4/8 10:37am

On BART, heading in to San Francisco to work a few hours at K&P. I just secured my ear phones in and started BT's This Binary Universe in an attempt to drown out the voice of a fat, old lawyer advising his client on his cell phone. (I would like to note that he was about 1/2 a car away and was talking in a manner that was almost a yell.) BT's music turns my routine into a movie as I watch the urban metropolis slide by to this soundtrack.

These moments that I walk through are fleeting. I look at my hands and I see the fingers of a strong, young woman adorned with the glitter of my wedding ring. Though I expect to look at my hand 1,000 times and recognize the symbol of our love there, the fact that our vow is so fresh and our love still blossoming into the full comfort of a seasoned marriage makes this time special. Couple that awareness with the feeling of our growing baby kicking from inside my womb makes this short time before everything changes even more sweet.

Even as I write this I am struck by the realization that my wonder will continue as our son is born, he grows to see so many firsts, we finally find and purchase our first home, and we all grow as individuals and into a close-knit, loving family. Truly, this is what I have always wanted, always been a little scared to wish for because it is so far away from my roots.

So imagine yourself here with me, riding a train, dressed up for work, watching the world moving quickly by, but feeling completely suspended in this amazing moment when I can totally feel myself in exactly the life I always wanted as a child. I feel so blessed that I have a little tear in my right eye.

I love you baby. You are the culmination of a dream coming true.

2 comments:

Casdok said...

Yes the wonder will contiue and dreams do come true. Lovely post.

redheadmomma said...

You will find this phenomenon - of just stopping and watching it all around you, rushing by - over and over again with children. :)