Thursday, February 18, 2010

I haven't written in ages. I don't even remember the last time or the content of the last post. It doesn't matter.

What brings me back now is that damned Candida that saw me blogging nearly three years ago. Thankfully, I took notes for myself, because this feels like it could be another battle.

Last time I was on a restrictive diet for 5 months, took loads of nutritional supplements, drank nothing but water, and did a colon cleanse, among other treatments and remedies. This time? We'll see. I've already started the nutritional supplements, and am taking baby steps toward the diet.

Do I really have to do this again?!

Is it so bad if I do?

Last time I lost nearly 20 pounds without trying. My hair, skin, and nails looked great. I felt like I'd never been healthier. Of course, I had to cook everything from scratch, which took time. But I'm already cooking most things from scratch. So, will that really change things much?

I'm trying to see the up-side even as I'm suffering the symptoms and pondering the near future. Already I'm at a loss for what to eat when hungry and needing something quick.

Today
Breakfast: Low fat plain yogurt with blueberries, the only portion of fruit I'm supposed to have daily. This is actually an amendment to my diet last time, when I didn't eat ANY fruit for months. I found a version of the diet that allows me some fruit. The organic blueberries are just so delicious. Do I really have to fore-go them again? Maybe. Sugar is sugar. We'll see how I feel.

Snacks: 4 carrot sticks and 1 Tablespoon of almond butter

Lunch: 3 eggs, scrambled

I have dinner guests tonight, and hadn't anticipated having the dietary restrictions for myself. So, I'm having to mentally scramble to figure out what to serve as a side dish to the chicken I will be roasting. I want to be able to eat it, but I don't want anything to draw attention to the restrictions I'm personally observing.

While Dustin knows I have a yeast infection, I haven't told him that I believe it's going to take me two to three months to really fight it back. I don't really want to talk about this verbally. But I do have to get it out: I'm bummed out that I can't bake bread or cookies with my baby (too much temptation); I'm bummed that I have to go find yeast-free spelt bread to "enjoy"; I'm not happy that I can't eat vinegar (i.e. salad dressing, mayonnaise, etc.).

On the up-side, I do have several new cookbooks to glean recipe ideas from this time. Maybe, like last time, I'll find this a culinary inspiration.

No comments: